carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis

Holiday Wishes - Jill Shalvis

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was such a nice little story! I have really enjoyed all of the the books and novellas in the Heartbreaker Bay series and Holiday Wishes was no exception. This novella can easily be read as a stand alone story but readers of the series will enjoy seeing characters from previous books make an appearance in this installment. I had such a good time reading Sean and Lotti's story.

Sean and Lotti are the focus of this story. Sean is taking his role as best man for his brother's wedding very seriously. He wants to make sure everything goes perfectly for the weekend the group has planned at a Bed and Breakfast. He is in for a surprise when he finds his high school girlfriend running the establishment.

I love second chance romances and I thought that this one worked really well. When Sean and Lotti were together last, they were teenagers going through a lot of things and they made some mistakes. They had a lot of chemistry and I really wanted to see them make it work this time. They really were very good together and just seemed to fit. I was really surprised by how detailed their background was despite the length of this story. I was cheering for this pair to get their happily ever after.

It was really nice to see all of the characters that I have come to love in the series play a role in this book. We get to see the first wedding in the group and I enjoyed seeing the whole group work together to give their friends a perfect day. I have really liked Sean from his first appearance in the first book and I liked Lotti just as much.

I would recommend this story to fans of contemporary romance. It was a really nice romance that should appeal to many. I can't wait to read more of this fantastic series!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
This was a nice story. I really liked Sean and Lotti together but do wish that we would have been able to see just a bit more.