carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Hunt by Chloe Neill

The Hunt - Chloe Neill

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a really good book! I was really excited to dive back into this series after reading and enjoying the first two installments. This was a solid addition to the series. I feel that this is a series that really does need to be read in order since the events in each book builds on the earlier events. I found myself really getting hooked by the story and I ended up most of it in a single day.

Claire and the rest of the crew are laying low in New Orleans. Liam left without a word to anyone now that he has magic like Claire. When Liam is accused of murder, Claire insists on going to find him along with a couple of other members of the group. They do find him but also find another problem that seems to be putting paranormals at risk.

I really have been enjoying the wonderful cast of characters in this series. Each of the recurring characters are well developed and I think that I like them just a little bit more with each installment. They have all grown over the course of the series and have learned to rely on each other. The world that this story takes place in is equally well done. I really liked the contrast of the world outside of New Orleans that we saw a bit of in this installment.

I thought that the mystery at the core of this book was entertaining and quite complex. I found myself really working to figure out who was really responsible for the murder and how it connected to everything else going on. Claire must also deal with a few discoveries that are quite personal. The book does end in a very exciting manner that makes me want to get my hands on the next book as soon as I possibly can.

I would recommend this book to others. This is a really exciting series that takes place in a well crafted world that I think a lot of readers will enjoy. I can't wait to find out what happens next to Claire and the rest of the group!

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
This was a really good book. There was a lot of excitement and the mystery kept me guessing. I loved the way that Claire took on everything. She had to deal with a lot of things that had a big impact on her personally but she always seemed to be able to come out on top.