carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Wildfire by Ilona Andrews

Wildfire - Ilona Andrews

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book! I have actually already read this book twice since I was able to get my hands on a copy. I couldn't wait to get started the first time through the book and barely came up for air until I finished the story. I knew that I would need to slow down and read it a second time before being able to write a review. So I read this book for a second time less than three months after my first read through and I liked it just as much the second time. There really aren't many books that I would able to do that with. I had such a good experience reading this book.

This is the third book in the Hidden Legacy series which really does need to be read in order. The whole series is amazing so you won't want to miss the earlier books anyway. Nevada and Rogan have been through a lot together by the time this book starts and things have changed drastically for Nevada and her family. Nevada and her family can no longer stay hidden so they must decide how to safely move forward. Their agency has taken on a case for Rogan's ex, Rynda. Rynda's husband is missing and nobody seems to want to look for him.

As we have come to expect, Nevada and Rogan will work together through some pretty tense situations in this novel. The action gets pretty intense and is really quite exciting to read. This book is so much more than a romance story but the romance is really well done. Nevada and Rogan belong with each other. I love every time they are on the page with each other. Their chemistry is off the charts and their banter is a lot of fun. Add a few magical elements into the mix and you have a story you can't quit thinking about.

The secondary characters are so well done. I think that every character in this series has something to add to the story. Nevada's family are so much fun and their feelings for each other are really genuine. Rogan's people are loyal and a force on their own. Cornelius and Matilda have almost become an extended part of the Baylor family and I really like the perspective that Cornelius brings to the agency. There is even a pacifist Kodiak bear and a blue tiger that is literally out of this world.

I highly recommend this series to everyone. I love the world that the writing pair of Ilona Andrews has crafted in this series and am in awe at the characters that live in that world. I will keep my fingers crossed that there might eventually be a few more novels in this wonderful series.

I received an advanced reader edition of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss.

2nd Read
Yep...still as good as I remembered. Maybe even better.

Initial Thoughts
I loved this book! Seriously, this book is amazingly good. I couldn't put it down and didn't want it to end. I love Nevada, Rogan, Nevada's family, and everyone else. Lots of action, some tender moments, and a few laughs - all done perfectly.

Prior to Reading
I was able to get an ARC of this book. All is right in the world :) Now to lose myself with Rogan and Nevada.