carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

On the Plus Side by Alison Bliss

On the Plus Side (A Perfect Fit) - Alison Bliss

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was an okay read for me. I didn't like this book as much as I did the first book in the series, Size Matters. I hate to say it but there it is. There were parts that I liked a lot and other parts that made me want to pull my hair out. I did find this book to be a fairly quick read and I did want to see Valerie and Logan get their happily ever after.

Logan is back in town for the first time in a lot of years. He has just opened a new bar and needs it to be successful pretty quickly so that he can help his mom out. Valerie has always had a crush on her older brother's best friend and isn't sure what to do now that he is back in town. When Logan finds himself in need of a comptent bartender, Valerie decides that she is the right person for the job.

Let's get to some of the stuff that bothered me about this book. Valerie's brother is over the top. I hated him and can't understand why Valerie has allowed him to have so much say in her life. I liked Valerie a whole lot less just because she doesn't stand up to her brother. I think that this book would have been so much better if his character just wasn't around. Not only did Valerie not stand up to her brother, she didn't always make Logan listen to her. She is supposed to be this really confident character but she doesn't speak up when it really matters. I just didn't get it.

I liked Logan and Valerie as a couple and thought they had a lot of chemistry. I really did want to see them figure out how to make things work with each other. The sexier moments in this book were very well done and sometimes even laced with a bit of humor at times. I thought that their feelings for each other felt really genuine.

This book can easily be read as a stand alone story even though it is the second book in the series. I did enjoy seeing the characters from the first book in this story but this story would work well on its own. I plan to read more from Alison Bliss in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I really liked some things about this book but other parts drove me crazy. It was really just an ok read for me in the end.