carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne

I Knew You Were Trouble: An Oxford Novel - Lauren Layne

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers story. This was a pretty quick read and I found myself flying through this fun little book. This is the fourth book in the Oxford series and while fans of the series will enjoy seeing some of their favorite characters, this book could easily be read as a stand alone novel. This was one of those books that I could just totally lose myself in and ended up reading it for hours at a time. It definitely lived up to all of my expectations.

This book is about Taylor and Nick. The book starts out with short chapters showing some of their history with each other which I thought really set the stage of the book quite well. Taylor is planning to move in with her boyfriend, Bradley, but is surprised to find a break up note at the new apartment. When Taylor starts looking for a roommate, Nick decides to taker her up on it and the stage is set for a whole lot of fun.

I thought that Taylor and Nick had wonderful chemistry together. Each of these characters had some very painful moments in their past that really shaped how they deal with life. It became quite apparent that Taylor was very misunderstood because of how she was raised. Nick is a really good guy and sometimes others have taken advantage of his kindness. These two just seemed to fit together perfectly once they gave each other a chance.

I really liked the way this book was written. The characters were wonderfully developed. Their chemistry with each other was intense and their banter was a lot of fun. I liked the fact that it took this pair some time to really get together since it felt more realistic. I must admit that I was pretty sick of Bradley before the book was over but Taylor and Nick seemed to feel the same way so I guess that is okay.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This is a fun little book that tells a really wonderful story. Lauren Layne is one of my go to authors when I am in the mood for contemporary romance and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
I liked this one. Enemies to Lovers story that was a lot of fun. Nick and Taylor worked really well together.