carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

White Hot by Ilona Andrews

White Hot -  Ilona Andrews

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I loved this book so much! I really wish that I could give it more than 5 stars because it has an extra layer of awesome that you don't often find. I have been wanting to get my hands on this book ever since I finished Burn for Me back in 2014 and it turns out that it was worth the wait. I have already read this book twice and I know that I will be reading it many more times in the future. It is really that good.

One of the things that I love the most about this book are the characters. I really can't get enough of them. Mad Rogan is a powerful man that is feared by many. He can move buildings...literally. He is sexy and doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Nevada really is learning what she is capable of in this book and it turns out she is much more than simply a lie detector. She is smart and thinks on her feet. She is very focused on doing what is right and protecting her family.

I loved the changes in the relationship between Mad Rogan and Nevada. This is really a pivotal book in terms of their relationship with each other. I really enjoyed all of their scenes together whether they were related to the case or extracurricular activities. You can really see how they feel about each other anytime they showed up on the page together and the build up was really off the charts.

Nevada starts working on a case involving a murder after Cornelius shows up at her office with his young daughter and an assortment of animals in tow. His wife was murdered in service to another house and nobody seems to want to look into it. Rogan gets involved and they find themselves trying to solve a much bigger conspiracy that is tied to several important houses. There was a lot of excitement and they worked to solve the case and I had more than a few moments where I was sitting on the edge of my seat wondering how things would work out.

I would recommend this book to everyone who likes an exciting story set in a wonderful world. This is the second book in the Hidden Legacy series and I do recommend that you read the series in order. You really can't go wrong with this book because the story is exciting, the characters are some of the best I have ever read, and there are a few lighter moments to really even things out including a covert team of ferrets. I am an avid fan of Ilona Andrews and can't wait to read the next book in this fantastic series.

I received an advanced reader edition of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts

I have so many things rushing through my mind after finishing this book:

1. 5 Stars are not enough for this book
2. Why can't all books be this good?
3. I just lost a nights sleep to Mad Rogan #notsorry
4. Nevada's family = awesome

What did I like about the book?
1. Everything

What didn't I like about the book?
1. I had to wait a really long time for it. Really, really long.
2. The cover. A story this magnificent should have a great cover. This isn't a real issue for me but I do wish this book had a cover deserving of its contents.

If you haven't read Burn for Me yet, you will want to be sure to read it before this book is released in May 2017. Seriously, you do not want to miss this book!

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss.