carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Fire Me Up (Pine Mountain Novel)

Fire Me Up (Pine Mountain Novel) - Kimberly Kincaid This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

Wow! I really liked this book a lot. This is the fourth book in the Pine Mountain series but it can be read as a stand alone without any problems. I did read and enjoy the first book in the series, Turn Up the Heat, and enjoyed seeing some familiar characters but they played a very small role in this book.

This book is really all about Adrian and Teagan. I found both of the characters to be very likeable. Teagan is tough and very dedicated to her job as a paramedic. She also spends a lot of her time working at her dad's pub where she is never afraid to jump into any situations where things are getting out of hand. She is determined to take care of her father even if it means she has to spend time in the kitchen.

Adrian is a chef. He belongs in the kitchen and spends almost all of his waking hours at the restaurant at the resort. Unfortunately, he suffers an injury on his way home from work which pushes him out of the kitchen. Adrian is nearing the end of his parole and wants nothing more than to stay out of trouble and be able to move on with his life. He feels lost and doesn't know what to do with himself without being able to go to work. Fate steps in and Adrian finds himself helping the paramedic who treated him learn how to cook in her father's kitchen.

The chemistry between this pair was amazing. It really felt like they belonged together and I liked that it didn't take them the whole book to figure that out. I really liked how food and cooking took such an important role in this book. The parts of the book where they cooked together were really some of my favorite and the recipes at the end of the book were a fun surprise. Who knew that cooking could be so sexy?

I really enjoyed how this story was told and I thought that the writing was very well done. The story did a really nice job of staying focused and giving us information at just the right moment. There were a few things that seemed a bit predictable and a little far fetched but I expect that in any work of fiction.

I would highly recommend this book to any fans of contemporary romance. This is the second book by Kimberly Kincaid that I have had a chance to read and I definitely plan to read more in the near future. I really need to go back and read the other books in this wonderful series as soon as I get a chance.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Kensington Books via Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.