carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Baked Fresh (Portland Heat)

Baked Fresh (Portland Heat) - Annabeth Albert This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

I enjoyed this story. This is only the second M/M romance that I have read with the other story being the first in this series, Served Hot. I thought that this story was just the right combination of sweet and sexy just like the first in the series. This story could easily be read as a stand alone since the stories really don't overlap at all with the exception of a appearance of the couple from the first novella in one scene. This is a rather short piece that most readers will be able to finish in a couple of hours but it tells such a completely wonderful story.

This story focuses on Vic and Robin and is told from Vic's point of view. Vic is a baker and the bakery where he works donates food to the local shelter. Robin spends a lot of time at the shelter as a volunteer. Vic has had a crush on Robin for quite some time but he has never acted on it. When Vic finds out the Robin and his boyfriends have broken up, he decides to take a chance.

Vic has recently underwent a lot of changes. He made the decision to lose weight after the death of several family members and he ended up losing over 100 pounds. His self esteem isn't great but he is willing to take a chance with Robin. He decides that he is willing to be the rebound guy for Robin if that is what it takes to be with him.

Robin has been through a lot as well. The shelter is incredibly important to him. He had no idea that Vic has had a crush on him. He decides to spend some time with Vic and the pair seem to work well together. Both of these men have been through a lot in their lives and they end up being very supportive of each other.

I liked both of the characters even though there was a lot of issues with self esteem. I think that a lot of people have these issues in real life and I thought it was presented in these characters very authentically. There seemed to be a much larger focus on sex in this story than in the first. These characters had a lot of chemistry and worked well together.

I would recommend this story to fans of M/M romance. This novella really tells such a full story in just a few pages. I can't wait to read the next installment in this wonderful little series.

I received a copy of this book from Kensington Books via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.