carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Christmas With the Billionaire Rancher

Christmas With the Billionaire Rancher - Mandy Baxter This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I have to say that the first thing about this novella that really grabbed my attention was the title. Christmas with the Billionaire Rancher sounded pretty specific and a little bit silly. I was in the mood for silly and fun to start of the month of December so why not throw in a bit of sexy? I could use more sexy in my life anyway.

This story ended up being just okay for me. I thought it started out way over the top and silly was quickly turning into ridiculous. I am not a fan of ridiculous. As the novella progressed, it did settle into a decent little story. Of course, the beginning was really mostly sex with very little opportunity to get to know the characters. Once there was some real interaction between the pair that did not involve body fluids, I actually started to like them together.

The story does contain a lot of sex. I like sexy times as much as the next guy. I don't mind it at all when the characters that I am reading about jump into bed with each other after just meeting. It is imaginary sex so it's pretty safe as far as I know. But please stay out of the coat closets, especially at funerals. That's not sexy...at all.

It seems that as the story progresses Nate and Chloe do actually start to care about each other. There really was a lot going on in this short little piece. Nate just inherited money but doesn't want it. Chloe needs money to save her organization. It isn't as easy of a problem to solve as you might think.

I was expecting this to be a Christmas story. I was actually kind of promised that in the title now that I think about it. There is almost no talk of Christmas in this story. There is some thrown in at the end but there is no mention of the holiday for 90% of the story or more. I almost feel like a Christmas dinner was thrown in just so this could be marketed for Christmas.

My rating may be a little generous but to be fair the coat closet at the funeral scene was a major turn off for me. I did end up thinking it was a decent story and would recommend it to anyone looking for a short and sexy read. I haven't read anything by Mandy Baxter before but would like to she what she can do with a full length novel.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

Initial Thoughts
This was okay. It started out a little over the top for me but settled into a decent story.