carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

When All The Girls Have Gone

When All The Girls Have Gone - Jayne Ann Krentz This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This was a decent book. I would probably rate this book closer to 3.5 stars but I decided to round up since I am feeling generous. It was a very readable story that I never quite figured out but it failed to completely pull me in. I thought that the book had some really nice elements with a fast paced plot. There were some parts of the story that were a bit predictable but it was entertaining nonetheless.

I liked both Charlotte and Max. It was nice to see them work together on the case from the very beginning of the story and I thought that they made a nice team. I liked that they both gave equally to their partnership and really tried to work together. The romance between them was nice but it never felt very exciting to me. For some reason, I didn't really feel their chemistry like I had hoped. I believed that their feelings were genuine but I missed the extra spark that I had hoped to see.

The mystery was fairly complex. Max and Charlotte were busy trying to solve a murder and find a missing person from the start of the book. As they worked to figure things out, the book takes a few twists and turns that keep the book moving along. There were times that I was able to predict some of the twists but I still enjoyed the overall mystery aspect.

I would recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense. This was a quick read with a lot of enjoyable aspects. I have not read a lot of books by Jayne Ann Krentz but I have found that I enjoy her writing style and I plan to read more of her work in the future.

I received a copy of this book from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley.

Initial Thoughts
This was entertaining. There were a few things that happened in the book that were a bit of a stretch but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless.