carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Frisk Me (New York's Finest)

Frisk Me (New York's Finest) - Lauren Layne This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

Overall, I thought that this was a solid romance novel and I really enjoyed reading it. I had a chance to read one of Lauren Layne's earlier novels just a couple of months ago and I absolutely loved it so I jumped at the chance to read this first book in her new series. I found this book a bit difficult to get into but once the story grabbed me I couldn't get enough.

I just loved Luc and his family of police officers. Luc was just a good guy who happened to be caught on video doing a couple of good deeds. Because of these videos, Luc finds himself becoming the center of attention everywhere he goes. He is anything but happy when he is told that he is about to become an even bigger celebrity because of a national television special about him. Luc suddenly finds himself being shadowed by a reporter, Ava.

While it was really easy to love Luc and his family, I had trouble warming up to Ava. Ava is pursuing goals that will make her family happy and spends a lot of time trying to live up to a certain image. During parts of the book, I found that I liked Ava a little but her character just never connected with me. Luc was definitely the star of this story in my opinion.

I did like the parts of the book where Luc and Ava were together quite a bit. When it was just Luc and Ava, her character seemed a lot more authentic and I really felt that they had chemistry. The sexy times between the pair were smokin' hot and Lauren Layne has proven without a doubt to me that she can write some awesome love scenes.

I really wish that Ava would have been easier to like. Just as I was starting to like her a little she would do something that would make me doubt her again. I really disliked some of her actions during the story and felt that she seemed to always choose her job over Luc at every turn. There was nothing that was a deal breaker for me but there were definitely a few things in the book that I could have liked a lot better.

I would definitely recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This is a great book to start with since it is the beginning of a new series and I think it will appeal to most romance readers. I plan to continue with this series. Luc has a lot of interesting bothers who are also police officers and I can't wait to read their stories.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Forever Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.