carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Girl Missing

Girl Missing - Tess Gerritsen *Please note that this book was originally published in 1994 as Peggy Sue Got Married. According to the Author's Introduction the book has been updated for today's readers.

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

4 Stars

I really liked this book. This is the first book by Tess Gerritsen that I have read even though I have had her books on my ever growing to be read list for quite some time. When I first sat down to read this book, I will admit that I was a bit disappointed to learn that this was in face an older book that had been updated and re-released. I do dislike it when I see books being re-released especially with different titles because I have bought books I already owned more than once. I was safe with this book since I have not read anything by this author before.

I found the book to be very enjoyable. I really liked the writing style of Ms. Gerritsen. The plot was not overly complex and the characters were not only likeable but believable. Romance did play a major role by the end of the book but not so much that it overwhelmed the rest of the plot.

Kat Novak is a medical examiner who finds a matchbook with a phone number clutched inside a corpse's hands. When she calls the number it starts a chain of events, she eventually meets Adam Quantrel. They end up working together to solve a string of deaths connected to a new unknown drug and find Adam's step-daughter. There was plenty of mystery to keep you guessing throughout the book. While I can not say that I was shocked by the ending, I did not have everything figured out either.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an entertaining quick read. That being said this is a very early work by Tess Gerritsen and I would suspect that her current books are even better as her writing skills have developed. I have not read any other book by this author so I am unable to make any comparisons. I definitely plan to read other books by this author and may been to bump her Rizzoli and Isles series closer to the top of my TBR list.