carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

A Last Chance Christmas (Harlequin BlazeSons of Chance)

A Last Chance Christmas (Harlequin BlazeSons of Chance) - Vicki Lewis Thompson Now Available!

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Harlequin Blaze via Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

3 stars

I thought this short book was OK. I did not hate it and I did not love it. I have not had the opportunity to read any other books in this series so the number of characters in this book was a bit overwhelming and I felt a bit lost at times. I do think that readers who have read other books in the Son of Chance series will enjoy revisiting characters who make an appearance in this story.

I did have a couple of issues with this book. There were way too many characters to deal with for such a short novel. It seemed like the entire family popped in for a cameo during this story. There are times that less is more and I think this may have been one of those times. I was also annoyed during the sex scenes (which is probably NOT what the author intended). It was nice that the Hero was well endowed but seriously how many times must we talk about it. I really saw no need to repeat what had already been said. I also did not like this pair's issues with pursuing a relationship. Their reasoning seemed to come from left field AND they were each able to overcome their issues quite painlessly.

There were some things that I really liked in this book as well. I did like the awkward first encounter between the pair. That seemed very realistic and I felt their chemistry. I liked this pair together and enjoyed seeing them together on the page. I also liked the fact that they were both so passionate regarding their career. The secondary characters that played a large part in the story, such as Sarah, were wonderfully written.

I would recommend this book to readers of the series or to any romance reader that has a few extra hours. I hope to pick up other works in this series and by Vicki Lewis Thompson at some point in the future.