carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

A Wedding for Christmas

A Wedding for Christmas - Lori Wilde This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I don't read too many holiday themed books but I do try to read at least one or two every year in a quest to get myself in the holiday spirit. I really liked the last book from this series, I'll Be Home for Christmas, so I was eager to pick up the newest one in the series. This book is actually the seventh in the Twilight, Texas series but it reads perfectly fine as a stand alone. This was the kind of book that left me with a smile on my face by the time I reached the conclusion.

The book starts one year in the past when both Katie and Ryder were in L.A. and run into each other. They have known each other for years but they now both adults and sparks immediately fly. Fast forward one year and they both find themselves back in Twilight for Katie's brother's wedding. The sparks are still there but neither of them are sure how to act on them or if they should.

I loved the characters. Ryder and Katie both had a few issues to deal with from their past. Ryder is best friends with Katie's brother and actually lived with the family during some of his teen years. After a 15 year old Katie kisses Ryder, he joins the military and leaves the town. They have both reached a point in their lives where they might be ready for something more. I really enjoyed watching them learn to trust each other and start to open up. They made a really great pair and the chemistry between them was off the charts.

This book really had a lot going for it. I liked that there were a few things that happened that I didn't expect. The secondary characters in the book were a lot of fun and everyone from Ryder's elderly neighbor to Katie's parents added soemthing to the story. There were a few moments that I thought were quite humorous as well. In the end, I thought this was a well rounded book with wonderful pacing.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. I haven't read too many books written by Lori Wilde but the ones that I have read have been consistently good. I am looking forward to reading more from this talented author soon.

I received a review copy of this book from Harper Collins Publishers - Avon via Edelweiss.

Initial Thoughts
I really enjoyed this one. The relationship between Katie and Ryder just seemed so real.