carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse - Diana Rowland, Allison McLemore This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This audiobook was just a lot of fun! Over the past few months, I have kept circling back to this book wanting to buy it. I have so many audiobooks in my personal library that I still haven't read so I tried really hard to resist adding any more to the pile. But I kept coming back to it. I finally caved in and bought the book and am really happy that I did. This series has been a lot of fun so far and is the perfect choice when I am looking for a fun and light-hearted story.

I am pretty sure that I don't want to ever be a zombie. Ok...I am completely sure. But if I had to be a zombie then I would want to be like Angel. She is smart, resourceful, and just pretty much kick ass. She does what she feels is right even if it it isn't easy. I like how easy it is to relate to and like this character even though she has an imperfect background.

I really enjoy the underlying sense of humor in this book. There is a zombie movie filming in Angel's town during this book which I thought was unexpected. I can't help but find myself smiling during many of the scenes because being in Angel's head is just funny at times. The book does have its more tender moments. Angel's feeling towards her dad and the effort she goes to in order to protect him were impressive. Angel also spends some time during the book really working to find out who she really is and stands up to Marcus when she needs to do so.

I absolutely love the narrator. This is a story that I feel like I enjoyed a lot more because I picked up the audio version. Allison McLemore brings Angel to life wonderfully and really displays a wide range of emotions. I love her accent and the voices that she uses for other characters work well. The pacing of the story was perfectly done and this turned out to be one of those audiobooks that I just didn't want to turn off.

I would highly recommend this book to others. This is the third book in the series and I do feel that it would be best read in order since the relationships between the characters build from previous books. I can't wait to start the next book in the series!

Initial Thoughts
I had a lot of fun listening to this audiobook! Listening is the way to go with this series.