carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey)

Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) - Sawyer Bennett This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

There's just something about a hockey romance that I cannot resist. I am not even sure why that is because while I like hockey, I am not a huge fan or anything but I love these books. I think that this book has just the right amount of sports worked into the plot to make everyone happy. Hockey fans will love all of the hockey references but the sport doesn't take over the story either. I found this book to really hard to put down and completely enjoyed everything about Hawke and Vale's story.

The story opens 7 years in the past when Hawke was a young hockey player trying to make it big in hockey and Vale meant the world to him. Vale ended their relationship suddenly and never fully explained things to Hawke. They have both moved on with their life when their paths cross at Cold Fury hockey organization where Hawke is the new star player and Vale has just started as a trainer with the team. Neither one is fully prepared to revisit their feelings for each other.

I liked the characters in this book a lot. Hawke was a big tough guy but he really seemed to know how to be there just when he was needed. He could be very alpha but he seemed to feel things very deeply and his feelings for Vale were very intense. Vale has changed a lot. She has really grown up in the years since she broke up with Hawke and now her focus is on caring for her father. She has a big heart but it takes some time for her to start to open up to Hawke again.

I thought the chemistry between Hawke and Vale was amazing. From the moment they see each other again at the team meeting, it seemed like the sparks were flying. They just seemed to work together so well. The sexier times in the story well done. I liked how much emotion was shown through the characters actions. It was obvious to me that this pair had never quit loving each other early on in the story.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This is the fifth book in the Cold Fury series but it could easily be read as a stand alone. Fans of the series will enjoy seeing all of the characters that have been featured in previous books but knowledge of prior books isn't neeeded to enjoy this story. I am looking forward to reading more from this series soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley.