carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Faefever

Faefever  - Karen Marie Moning This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

5 Stars!

Nobody looks good in their darkest hour. But it's those hours that make us what we are.

I have so many feeling associated with this book. When I grabbed it at a yard sale for 25ยข, along with Darkfever and Bloodfever, I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into. I really had no idea that this series is probably more addictive than most street drugs (or so I have heard - I have no first hand knowledge regarding the addictive quality of street drugs). Once I started the first book in the series, I couldn't stop and I felt the same when I finished this book that first time so I immediately went to purchase the next book in the series.....and it had not yet been released. Anyone starting the series now has no idea what we went through. It was horrible. This book ends in a HUGE cliffhanger and I had to WAIT months to find out what happened.

The whole series is wonderful but this book really felt like a turning point for me. Things get a whole lot darker and Mac no longer resembles a Barbie doll in any way. Pink is no longer a part of her world and she realizes how bad things really are. She spends time with the other sidhe-seers and things go horrible wrong largely due to Rowena. She spends time with V'lane and Christian - Heck, Mac is one popular lady at this point in the book.

Barrons is around quite as much as I would have liked in this book but that's okay. We do get to see him have a great time watching Mac run around with her MacHalo and there is that one incident with a pink frosted birthday cake. I think in this book we see a bit of jealousy or something that looks a whole lot like jealousy out of Barrons regarding the time she spends with V'lane.

"You've mistaken me for someone else. Do not wait on me, Ms. Lane. Do not construct your world around mine. I'm not that man."

Once again I would recommend this book to everybody. I am just amazed by the world that Karen Marie Moning has created and the characters are superb. I really think that this series should be a must read for anyone who likes to read anything that is a bit paranormal. It is just so good.