carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Bonfire Beach

Bonfire Beach - Lily Everett This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review.

I found this book to be simply charming. This was a definite solid 4 out of 5 star read. It was short enough to read in one sitting and told the story of Zane and Felicity quite well.

This is the second novella in The Billionaire Bachelors trilogy. I enjoyed this story more than the first in the series, The Fireside Inn. The first two novellas can be read as stand alone stories. There are a few overlapping characters and scenes but nothing that would prevent the reader from enjoying these stories independent of each other.

Zane is on Sanctuary Island to help his friend, Miles prepare for his wedding. Miles has asked Zane to help with the planning of the wedding. Felicity has been hired as the wedding planner for the wedding. Zane and Felicity disagree on almost every aspect of the wedding and reception at the beginning of the story, including the location for the reception. Zane encourages Felicity to have fun with the planning of the wedding and in turn they have fun with each other.

Zane and Felicity both have emotional scars from their childhood. I love that both of the characters are upfront with their past. They have a lot of chemistry as a couple as they learn to compromise and trust each other.

This novella delivers the Happily Ever After that most romance readers are looking for. I would recommend this story to anyone who loves a charming romance. I look forward to the third installment in this trilogy and other future works by Lily Everett.