carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

The Kraken King Part II: The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm

The Kraken King Part II: The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm - Meljean Brook This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Penguin Group and Net Galley for the purpose of providing an honest review. This story was included in my review copy of The Kraken King Part One.

Solid 4 Stars

The Kraken King Part One was the very first steampunk story that I had read. But let's be honest because that was only the beginning of the story. Part two of the story picks up right where part one left off.

Zenobia, her friend Helena, and her mercenary bodyguards begin their travels across Australia with Ariq, the Kraken King. They are traveling in a spider like machine across Australia.

Zenobia is completely amazed by a simple kangaroo in this unusual land. They find that they must also watch out for boilerworms and end up having a very bad experience with one.

In this section of the story we see more of Zenobia's ability to think fast and act bravely. We also witness, Ariq letting her know that he knows that there is more going on than she has said. The chemistry between the pair is fantastic.

I really did enjoy this story but I do wish that it had been published as a book rather than a serial novel. I hope to finish this story because I am quite interested.

I do recommend this to anyone who enjoys serial novels. I plan to read more of this author in the future.