carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Various States of Undress: Georgia

Various States of Undress: Georgia - Laura Simcox This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

I had so much fun with this book! This book is the third book in the Various States of Undress series but I had absolutely no trouble reading it as a stand alone novel. When I requested this book, I thought it looked like a sweet romance and I was right to an extent. It was sweet but there was so much more to the story than I had expected.

I fell in love with Brett right away. Who wouldn't? He is a sexy athlete who happens to play minor league baseball for the best team in the United States - the St. Louis Cardinals (just in case you haven't guessed - I live in St. Louis and love my Cardinals!). Brett has worked hard to get where he is and has overcome a lot in his life. He is a genuinely nice guy in this story.

I liked Georgia just as much as I loved Brett. Georgia is one of the President's daughters. I have never given a lot of thought as to what that might actually be like before reading this story. Georgia is an overachiever in school and just needs to complete an internship before she can graduate with a degree in journalism. She signs on with the station in Memphis just to find out that they really want to exploit her celebrity status instead of letting her work on news stories that matter to her. Because of who she is, Georgia can't just go anywhere and do anything like most people. When Georgia goes somewhere it is news and she has to bring along her secret service staff and constantly think about security.

Georgia's main assignment for internship is to get a detailed interview with Brett who is a local celebrity. Brett has had a crush on Georgia for a long time but he really doesn't want to share his life on the local television news station. As the pair start spending more time together, sparks fly and they soon become a couple.

I really liked everything about this story. The characters were smart and had a lot of depth. I thought that their love story was very realistic. They got to actually know each other before developing a relationship. The writing was smart and the pacing made the book hard to put down. I would highly recommend this story to anyone who loves contemporary romance. This is the first book by Laura Simcox that I have had a chance to read and I plan to look for more from this very talented author.

I received a copy of this book from Avon Impulse via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.