carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Supervillains Anonymous

Supervillains Anonymous - Lexie Dunne This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.
4 Stars!

I have a confession to make. I requested this book simply because the title and cover looked like fun and kept thinking that the only thing that could possibly be better than a Superhero would have to be a Supervillain. I didn't know a thing about this book, including the fact that this is actually the second book in a series. I hate reading a series out of order but I jumped right into this book anyway. It worked out just fine and I really ending up enjoying this story.

This story throws you into the action from the very beginning. I have a feeling that the events in the first book lead up to where this book starts but I was given all the information that I needed to keep up with the story. Gail starts out this book in a huge mess. She is accused and convicted of helping to murder one of her friends. She is injured and barely knows what is going on as she is led into the prison for supervillains, Detmer prison. It turns out that Detmer prison is more like a day spa than anything else except for the fact that Gail's roommate is determined to smack her into shape.

Before she realizes what is happening, Gail has escaped from the prison without any choice in the matter. With her group of superhero friends, she must find out exactly what is going on and try to stop the person actually responsible for the murder of her friend. Gail learns a lot about herself as she works to keep everyone safe.

This book was a whole lot of fun. I loved the pacing of the story and couldn't believe how much excitement was crammed into this little story. I love the idea of superheroes anyway and the way that they were portrayed in this book did not disappoint. I really loved the uniqueness of each of the Superheroes and I must admit that I would love to have just a few of their powers. All in all this was a pretty tame book with some Superhero violence. The main character, Gail, and her boyfriend seemed so naive that I had to double check her age to verify that they were actually adults.

I would recommend this book to others who are looking for a light read full of action and excitement. I thought that this book worked well all by itself but I do have a feeling that the first book in the series would have contained some very important background information. This is the first book by Lexie Dunne that I have had a chance to read and I look forward to reading her work in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Harper Voyager Impulse via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.