carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Those Girls

Those Girls - Chevy Stevens This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed reading this book. How is it that I haven't read anything written by Chevy Stevens before now? This is the kind of book that I really enjoy reading and I am amazed that I somehow missed this author. I think I even own one of her earlier books but have never felt compelled to open it but I can tell you that it will not remain unread much longer.

This book really opened with a bang and I was immediately hooked. The story is told from two points of view and is set in two different time periods. I don't think that this type of storytelling always works but I did like how everything comes together in this story. The first part of the story which is told from Jess's point of view was my favorite section of the story. There was a lot of action and I had no idea which way the story was headed. I had a really hard time putting the book down during the entire first part.

The second part of the story is from Skylar's point of view and is set in the present time. I have to admit that this was not my favorite part of the book. For a large part of this section, I wanted to scream at Skylar to stop what she was doing because nothing good as going to come from her actions. The last section of the story wraps everything up nicely and kept me in suspense until the very end.

This book was definitely a page turner and I ended up reading it from cover to cover in less than 24 hours. I found that there were enough twist and turns to keep me guessing and fully engrossed in the story. I really liked the author's writing style and thought that she did a perfect job of pacing the story. This was the kind of book that was really hard to put down. There was quite a bit of violence in this story so I don't think that it will be the right book for everyone.

I would recommend this book to mystery thriller fans. This is the first book by Chevy Stevens that I have had a chance to read and look forward to reading her other works soon.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.