carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Brother

Brother - Ania Ahlborn 1/10/16: $1.99 at Amazon!

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I thought that this book was absolutely fantastic! I have not been so mesmerized by a book in a long time. This book was incredibly bloody, incredibly twisted, and just absolutely awesome. I realize that I almost missed out on this book. I didn't even take a second look at this title when it was on NetGalley. When I noticed a couple of great reviews on Goodreads, I put my name on the list at the local library because I am always ready for a great book. If I had only known how good this one was going to be, I doubt that I would have waited nearly as patiently.

This is the story of Micheal and his family, the Morrows. This family is not your average family. Not at all. This family is a group of twisted sick people. The kind of people that you hope to never cross paths with during your lifetime. They live in a secluded house where it is easier to hide some of their hobbies from the general population.

Micheal seems like a rather nice guy....all things considered. Micheal spends the majority of his time with his brother, Reb. I really can't think of anything nice to say about Reb. He really has no redeeming qualities that I can think of. His sister, Misty, is really just trying to get through each day. Wade, the father, is quiet and really seems to be taking orders most of the time. Momma is unpredictable and frightening.

This book grabbed me on the first page...literally page 1! I found this story very hard to put down. There was a section where I wanted it to be just a little bloodier but I kept turning the pages and my wishes were granted. I was enjoying this nice bloody story when things took an unexpected twist. This story actually took several turns that I did not see coming. The way that the story ended was mind boggling.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys horror. There is a lot of blood and violence in this one so it may not be the perfect book for everyone but I found it to be a much welcome surprise. This is the first book by Ania Ahlborn that I have read but I have already purchased a couple of additional titles that I hope to read soon.

Initial Thoughts
That was freaking fantastic! A bloody and twisted story that I loved every moment of. That ending absolutely blew me away. I honestly can't even think straight right now.