carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Out of Frame

Out of Frame - Megan Erickson This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I found this to be a fun, sweet, and sexy story. This was one of those books that I seemed to like the characters more and more as I read further into the story. By the end of the story, I was cheering for things to work out for Quinn and J.R. which is exactly what I want to happen when I read a romance novel. This book is the third book in the In Focus series but I read it as a stand alone with no difficulty.

Quinn is going on a cruise with his best friend Jess during the last spring break before his college graduation. Quinn has spent his life playing it safe and following the rules. He is looking forward to having fun on this cruise. The cast of a reality TV show, Trip League, is also on the cruise which just adds to the excitement for Jess and Quinn.

J.R. is almost at the end of his contract to be on the reality show, Trip League, and he is ready for it to be over. He signed a contract to be on the show as a straight man and is ready for the show to be over so he can finally be the bisexual man he really is. He is portrayed on the show as a tough guy who is often mean to others but that isn't who he really is in reality. When he sees Quinn on the boat, he can't make himself look away.

I liked Quinn and J.R. together in this book. I thought it was great how they had an instant attraction to each other and how Quinn had been drawn to J.R. just from the television show. I thought that each of these characters seemed stronger together than they did apart. I liked how they were able to open up to each other and seemed to understand each other from the very beginning. The chemistry between them was intense and played out well on the page.

I thought that the reality TV show added an interesting twist to the story. I found the scenes when they were trying to be together but having to hide from the cameras to be well done. I thought it was great how creative they had to be to find time to be together and the fact that friends helped it happen was even better.

I would recommend this one to fans of m/m romance. I don't tend to read a lot of m/m romance but I have enjoyed the ones that I have picked up. This was a very well done story and I wouldn't hesitate to read more books written by Megan Erickson in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Berkley Publishing Group - InterMix via NetGalley.