carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Good Girl

Good Girl - Lauren Layne This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I liked this story quite a bit. This one definitely had some wonderful moments and I really liked Jennie and Noah. This book had a wonderful balance of the things that I love in a contemporary romance. There was a thread of humor throughout the story and the banter between the couple was great. The chemistry between the pair and the overall romance was well done. This was such a fun read.

Jenny Dawson is a country music star. She finds her pictures on the cover of every tabloid out there. When the story being told becomes a bit more vicious, she decides to leave Hollywood and go Louisiana to work on her next album and get away from it all. She makes plans to go to the home that she went for a music retreat when she was younger despite the fact that it has fallen in disrepair.

Noah owns the home that Jenny has rented out to work on her album. He is working to get it in a somewhat decent condition before Jenny's arrival. When she shows up early and assumes that he is the caretaker, he doesn't correct her but instead assumes that role. Noah stays in the caretaker's cottage during the length of Jenny's stay working on the house while Jenny works on her music.

I loved these characters! I was worried that Jenny would turn out to be a diva but she was so down to earth. She really wasn't bothered by the condition of the house or much at all. She really had a tough skin regarding what the media said about her and was able to focus on real relationships. Noah was more of a mystery for me. He was really learning about himself during the course of the book and learning to live the life he wants instead of what was expected of him. The dogs in this story played a really important role and I loved both Dolly and Ranger.

I liked Jenny and Noah as a couple. I thought that they were perfect for each other even if they didn't seem to realize it for a long time. The chemistry between them was great. There were a few moments that I thought Noah was a bit mean by throwing the things the media was saying about Jenny in her face. I really wish that she would have stood up for herself a little more with him. By the end of the story, I was really excited to see them work everything out.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. This book is listed as the second book in a series but it can be read as a stand alone. I have read both books in the series and seriously don't even remember how they might be connected. Lauren Layne is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley for the purpose of providing an honest review.