carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

Sweet Little Lies

Sweet Little Lies - Jill Shalvis This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This was such a delightful romance! There was just so much that this book did right. The characters were great, including a wonderful cast of secondary characters. The chemistry between the couple was so intense that I just couldn't enough. I loved the little pieces of humor that worked its way into the story. The story was great and felt real to me. I am so glad that I picked this one up.

The characters in this story were simply amazing. I was sucked into the story right away just by Pru's character. Oh yeah, Pru's dog, Thor, may have had a small part in grabbing me right away as well. I just loved Thor. It took me a little bit longer to really get a feel for Finn but once I did, I may have swooned a bit. He was such a great match for Pru. Finn's group of friends, who quickly became Pru's group of friends only added to the appeal.

I have read a lot of romances so there isn't too many plot ideas that I haven't come across during my years of reading. The "big secret that could tear the couple apart" theme is generally not one of my favorites. But you know what, it worked for me in this story. I was actually a bit nervous about how things would work out since it is a romance novel and the odds are really good that the couple would get their happily ever after in the end. It really speaks to the quality of the story that I was so invested in this fictional pair's happiness.

There was a wonderful playfulness to the story. I found many sections of the book to be quite funny. The humor in the story really fit in very nicely and didn't feel forced in any way. This was just such a fun group of people that laughs would naturally occur anytime they are together. The humor was nicely balanced with tenderness between Finn and Pru. My heart melted just a bit when he worked to take care of her. Everything about this story just felt so incredibly real.

The chemistry between Finn and Pru was off the charts. Personality wise they fit together perfectly but the physical heat that they shared was breathtaking. The sexy times in this book were intense but they had chemistry during every scene that they were together in the book. I even felt the heat of Finn's stare when they first shared a page.

I would highly recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. Jill Shalvis is quickly becoming a go to author for me anytime that I am in the mood for a romance. I have only read a few of her books so far but I will be working on her backlist soon. I can't wait to see the next book in the Heartbreaker Bay series because I can't wait to spend more time with this group of characters.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Avon Books via Edelweiss for the purpose of providing an honest review.

Initial Thoughts
Loved this one! Jill Shalvis is quickly becoming one of my go to authors for fun contemporary romances. I like the characters in this one quite a bit.