carolesrandomlife

carolesrandomlife

When a Marquess Loves a Woman: The Season's Original Series

When a Marquess Loves a Woman: The Season's Original Series - Vivienne Lorret This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I picked this book up because I was in the mood for a nice romantic story and the cover is simply gorgeous. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. I can't say that anything that happened in the book was a surprise but I enjoyed it nonetheless. This is listed as being the third book in a series but I read it as a stand alone without any difficultly. Max and Juliet's story ended up being quite entertaining.

I really like the fact that this was a second chance romance simply because I haven't seen too many of those in historical romances. Juliet and Max had a bit of a scandal over a shared kiss years ago. The scandal left Max with a broken heart and pushed Juliet into a marriage with another man. This story picks up years later and Juliet is now a widow while Max has become the Marquess of Thayne. Both of their lives are very different than before and they now consider each other to be enemies.

I liked Juliet and Max a lot. Being a widow gave Juliet a bit more freedom that the typical heroine. She has been through some things that have left her stronger and she isn't afraid to reach for what she wants in life anymore. Juliet wants to win the bet that she made with Max. Max has also been through some changes. When he first knew Juliet, he was a second son that would not inherit a title. He ends up becoming a Marquess after a distant relative's death. He has not always been favored so he sees things a little differently.

I think that Max and Juliet mad a great couple. They were both a lot of fun and I really enjoyed all of their interactions. My favorite parts of the book were when they were together. I did like the chemistry between them and thought that the sexier parts of the book were well done. Of course, I knew from the first page that this pair would end up together but the journey was well worth it.

I would recommend this book to fans of historical romance. This was a fun and romantic read with some really interesting elements. I would not hesitate to pick up other books by Vivienne Lorret in the future.

I received an advance reader edition of this book from Avon Impulse.

Initial Thoughts
This was a quick romantic read. Nothing too surprising but entertaining nonetheless.